Major ID: TPCS
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
The Computer Science Transfer Pathway AS Degree is designed to provide students with opportunities for immediate employment or for transfer to four-year institutions. The College has developed articulation agreements with four-year institutions to assist students with their transfer goals. See a Pathway Advisor for further information. Students planning a career in this area should have above average mathematic reasoning and communication skills. Students should exhibit qualities of patience, and preciseness and enjoy working in a team environment.
Graduates of this program may choose to continue their education at a four-year institution in a Computer Science or related field. Others may elect to enter the workforce following graduation. Graduates will find opportunities in the computer science field in the areas of programming or database management in business, manufacturing, government and education. With additional education and experience, students may advance to positions such as Database Analyst, Systems Analyst, Software Developer or Programmer- Analyst.
- Develop and implement complex algorithms in computer-programming languages.
- Implement complex data structures to insure efficient program execution.
- Utilize sound mathematical principles to solve complex programming problems.
- Implement algorithms in programming languages utilizing proper coding conventions and appropriate documentation standards.
- Apply effective technical communication skills.
Some day and evening class availability. Students may attend full-time or part-time.
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.