Major ID: 215A
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring
This program prepares students for jobs in the exciting computer graphics and animation field. Students will learn how to take an idea from concept through production, including computer graphics, computer animation, sound and video.
Computer Graphics Specialists can work in a wide variety of creative jobs including web design, film and animation production, CD ROM production and any organization that can benefit from these special talents. With more and more animation moving to the desktop, the computer graphics specialist is becoming a high demand career.
The student should be creative and have excellent communication skills. Students should exhibit qualities of patience and precision and enjoy working both independently and on team projects.
The computer graphics field relates to many jobs in the multimedia area including but not limited to:
- Web Designer
- Computer Animator
- Computer Game Designer and Developer
- Multimedia Developer
- Graduates will design multiple visual graphic projects using industry standard software in both print and web formats.
- Graduates will develop multiple websites using various HTML tools for both standard and mobile platforms.
- Graduates will demonstrate fundamental animation techniques in both 2D and 3D environments.
- Graduates will develop web based student portfolios to promote employment opportunities.
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.
USB Drive, Digital Camera, Adobe Software
Estimated Book Cost
$50 - $75 per class
This program can be completed by using a combination of day, evening, and Saturday courses. Part-time and full-time options are available.