Major ID: TPSP
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
The Spanish Transfer Pathway focuses on the Spanish language and related dialects. It includes instruction in philology, Modern Castillan, Latin American and regional Spanish dialects, and applications in business, science/technology, and other settings.
After completing four Spanish course semesters at Saint Paul College students will be well prepared to continue with a major or minor in Spanish at the college level and/or a certification program. With a degree in Spanish one can work in a number of fields within the government and education systems.
- Demonstrate intermediate-level writing proficiency including grammar structure, tense, mood and syntax as defined by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages guidelines.
- Demonstrate intermediate-level reading comprehension in the Spanish language as defined by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages guidelines.
- Engage in conversation using standard Spanish in daily life situations.
- Compare and contrast U.S. culture and that of the Spanish speaking world.
- Demonstrate culturally appropriate behavior in specific situations.
Angela De La Cruz
Pathway Advisors are the Academic Advisors for the Associate of Arts degree and are located in the Advising Center, Room 1340, Main Floor. For assistance or additional information, please call our Advising Center at 651.846.1739 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least 60 earned college-level credits (40 MnTC credits and 20 additional MnTC, pre-major or elective credits)
- A grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1711
- Associate of Arts (AA) cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Meet Saint Paul College residency requirement: 20 credits. This requirement may be reduced to 12 credits with transfer of at least 12 college-level credits from another Minnesota State College and University or the University of Minnesota.
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.