Major ID: 253C
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
Small businesses drive the economy, account for two-thirds of new jobs, and drive innovation and competition. Many people dream of owning their own business for financial and professional independence as well as the pride of ownership. The entrepreneurship certificate provides the knowledge and fundamental skills necessary for those interesting in owning their own business. Learn how to use your skills and knowledge of your industry to help make the dream of owning your own business one step closer to reality by gaining the knowledge to successfully evaluate business concepts. Students will learn the marketing and promotion of small businesses, sales, project management; the tools necessary to launch and maintain their own business with an innovative focus and entrepreneurial spirit.
Employment opportunities are excellent for starting your own business.
- Describe the functions of small business in society including the major concepts related to business ownership and the factors that influence them.
- Apply accounting data entries in generally accepted formats.
- Examine the entrepreneurial risks and challenges inherent in each major component of the entrepreneurial business.
- Distinguish the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur.
- Design a business plan that includes a concept statement and a business model.
This program can be completed by using a combination of day, evening, and online courses. Part-time and full-time options are available.