Major ID: TPBI
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
The Biology Transfer Pathway AS degree is awarded for successful completion of 60 credits in science and liberal arts. It is designed to constitute the first two years of a bachelor’s degree in Biology.
A biology major is a good choice for students who are intrigued by living things. Upon completion of the Biology Transfer Pathway AS degree, students will have learned to apply the scientific method, set up experiments, and use laboratory equipment. Students will develop laboratory skills, techniques, and procedures allowing them to gather, organize, and analyze data. As graduates in Biology, students can choose a number of career options from technical scientific laboratory careers to education. Salaries will vary depending on the chosen career path.
- Implement scientific processes through experimentation, data analysis, and the use of common tools in a biology laboratory (i.e. microscope, spectrophotometer, electrophoresis).
- Communicate scientific findings through the use of appropriate technology.
- Describe major biological concepts and various biological systems and their interactions.
- Apply biological concepts to contemporary issues using scientific literature and appropriate knowledge from other disciplines.
- Collaborate with others on designing, conducting, and evaluating projects.
Kristyn VanderWaal Mills
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer