Major ID: 99FA
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
The Associate of Fine Arts in Music provides students with the educational foundation needed to transfer to a four-year music program. The program will offer music theory and music history as well as develop performance skills.
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Fine Arts in Music Degree will be prepared to transfer to a baccalaureate program in Music. With a degree in music you can pursue careers as college or high school music teachers, music directors and composers, or musicians and singers.
- Graduates will perform in solo and ensemble settings on a primary instrument or voice.
- Graduates will analyze elements of music theory.
- Graduates will apply music theory skills via sight-singing and aural skills.
- Graduates will demonstrate proficiency in keyboard skills.
- Graduates will distinguish music by time periods, historical figures, styles, and genres in the Western Art tradition.
- Graduates will apply technology-based skills on platforms currently used in the music industry.
Pathway Advisors are the Academic Advisors for the Associate of Arts degree and are located in the Advising Center, Room 1340, Main Floor. For assistance or additional information, please call our Advising Center at 651.846.1739 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.