Major ID: 015A
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
The Human Resources Associate of Applied Science Degree is intended for students who desire immediate employment upon graduation, or who plan to transfer to another institution of higher education.
The human resource professional plays a strategic role in the success of the organization. A human resource professional needs to be competent in human resource knowledge, able to facilitate change, have personal credibility which includes trust and confidentiality and the understanding of how a business operates. Specific duties may involve facilitating employee communication, managing human resource record keeping, administering employee compensation and benefit plans, recruiting, hiring and orienting new employees, writing policies and applying federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
Qualifications include excellent communication and human relation skills, computer skills, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
Employment opportunities are strong for skilled, capable, and dependable Human Resource program graduates. Human Resource program graduates may be employed in positions such as: Human Resource Representative, Human Resource Coordinator, HR Assistant, Human Resource Specialist, Human Resource Generalist, Compensation or Benefits Specialist, Staffing Coordinator, Employment Specialist, Payroll Specialist, or Training and Development Assistant.
- Execute Human Resources initiatives as a business partner to help accomplish HR goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors that effectively build and manage professional relationships.
- Apply business acumen to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity, acting as an ethical agent who promotes core values and accountability.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that consider diverse backgrounds and promote an inclusive workplace.
This program can be completed by using a combination of day, evening, and online courses. Part time and full time options are available.
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.