Major ID: 251A
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
Project Managers oversee the planning, implementing, quality control, and status reporting for a given project. Projects exist in all industries including construction, information technology, healthcare and business. Project Managers are needed to manage teams, plan, coordinate, and budget projects from initiation to completion. If you are skilled in a specific industry there are opportunities to use your technical expertise to lead industry-related projects. Construction, IT, Healthcare and Real Estate Project Managers are in especially high demand. Projects can vary greatly in size, specialty and complexity, creating opportunities for Project Managers with varying expertise and experience.
This program provides students with the skills and knowledge to effectively initiate, plan, and implement projects. In addition, the program provides a transferrable skill set in the areas of management, human resources, finance, negotiation, decision making, and leadership.
Employment opportunities are very good for skilled, capable, and dependable business professionals. Graduates may choose to continue their education towards a bachelor’s degree or begin work in a variety of settings. Possible roles might include: Project Manager, Cost Estimator, Project Coordinator, Project Scheduler, or Assistant Project Manager.
- Describe the fundamentals of PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge), process groups and tools in projects to meet the needs of global, regional and local businesses.
- Prioritize project needs regarding scope, resources, cost, schedules, procurement and risks.
- Integrate the fundamentals of effective communication, team management and leadership skills with a project team and stakeholder.
- Apply project management standards in organizations.
- Assess appropriate legal and ethical standards for managing projects.
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.