Major ID: 388A
Program Start Dates: Fall, Spring, Summer
Sport and Exercise Sciences Professionals instruct clientele in the betterment of their health through an integrated approach using sound knowledge of appropriate sciences. Functional training techniques, aerobic exercise and advanced stretching modalities (such as Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) and Active Isolated Stretching (AIS)) are implemented appropriately based on initial and continuous feedback and testing. Graduates from the program perform patient assessments and build customized fitness, wellness and nutrition plans for individuals.
The US Bureau of Labor and Statistics listed Sport, Exercise and Fitness as one of the top overall job openings requiring Post-Secondary training. Employment is expected to grow by 21 percent from 2014-2024 much faster than average for all occupations. As businesses and insurance organizations continue to recognize the benefits of health and fitness programs for their employees, corporate wellness program employment will continue to rise increasing the need for workers in these areas.
- Graduates will provide application of Fitness Coaching techniques to positively contribute to the well-being of the client in a safe and skillful manner.
- Graduates will be prepared to take a national exam for Certification in Personal Training/ Fitness Coaching.
- Graduates will be prepared to take the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) exam for Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES).
- Graduates may obtain membership with the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP).
- Graduates will be prepared to perform Health & Wellness Coaching Services.
- Graduates will be prepared to take the American Council on Exercise (ACE) exam for Health Coach Certification.
Licensing or certification exams are independent of graduation requirements.
Day and Evening Classes
Classes may be offered day and evening.
Textbook and Supply Costs
Students should expect to spend approximately $1,300.00 for books and supplies. This cost is in addition to tuition and fees.
Saint Paul College has transfer agreements & partnerships between many post-secondary institutions. For more information please go to saintpaul.edu/Transfer.